I have compiled below a list of books which I have loved and have been impacted positively by. They have shaped the way I live my life and conduct my daily affairs with integrity and soul.
Around 130 million books have been published in the history of humanity. Books play a significant role in our life. They say that “When you open a book, you open a new world”. Books are our friends in a real sense. They demand nothing from us. They give us plenty of joy. We also learn a lot from them.
They take us into a different world of imagination.
I probably got into the habit of reading when I was 8. Initially as a means to shave off boredom and subsequently as a hobby. Since my childhood, I had various interests and that shows in my reading list which I have compiled below. Sports, Cinema, Literature, History, Fiction, (Auto) Biography, Motivational, Thrillers, and a load of others.
I started reading short stories out of 'Sarita' and 'Grihashobha' and then articles from 'Sportstar' and 'Filmfare'. 'Chacha Chaudhary', 'Phantom' and 'Rajan Iqbal' were absolute favorites. I do not know when I graduated to a bigger league - reading books which were more than entertainment and taught few lessons of life.
I have compiled below, the list of top 11 books which have impacted me positively and shaped the foundation of my being:
(1) The Fountainhead - By Ayn Rand (A life turner for me and soul searcher)
(2) The Story of My Experiment with Truth - By Gandhi (Shook me up and molded me positively)
(3) Discovery of India - By Nehru (Taught me History of India)
(4) Iacocca: An Autobiography - By Lee Iacocca (meant for lovers of the automobile)
(5) Godan and Gaban - By Premchand (soulful and superbly written about socio-economic condition of farmers and poor in pre-independent India. Premchand is my grandfather)
(6) The God of small things - By Arundhati Roy (for the way she has told the story)
(7) Lolita - By Vladimir Nabakov (a passionate love story between a girl and an older man)
(8) City of Djinns - By William Dalrymple (Beautiful book on Delhi and its history)
(9) Kamayani - By Jaishankar Prasad (An epic telling the story of Manu)
(10) The Godfather - By Mario Puzo ( Mafia, Mafia and more)
(11) The Sunil Gavaskar Omnibus - By Sunny (Initial cricketing days of Sunny, Sunny's idols, one day glitters etc.)
There are many qualities behind the selection of a candidate in SSB. But this article will surely help those candidates whi have experienced failure in SSB job interview.
Etymologically the word Integrity has come from the Latin adjective word, integer, meaning entire, whole or complete. Integrity means following moral convictions and doing right things in all circumstances.
Just as it's important for an employee to consider various factors in relation to a job, such as, salary and perks or other benefits it’s important for employers to take into consideration such qualities that are to be sought by most employers and based on which the success of a business as well as the professional development of employee..
very good job and you are doing very hard work its very hard to write on books i also like to read books alot all those books that is knowledgeablereply 1