The article contains the list of various exams which a graduate student can give to grab a job in government sector companies. These include GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), ESE (Engineering Services Exams), IAS (Indian Administrative Services), CDS (Combined Defense Services) and SSC (Staff Selection Commission) Exams.
An Engineering graduate is a person who wishes to join the engineering sector after getting his/her degree from the university. After getting the degree either he chooses for the Private sector or joins the Government sector for a job. If he joins the private sector then he might have been placed through the college placement drive. If he wishes to join the government sector then he has to qualify the exams conducted by various bodies in the country. There are various organizations which conduct the exams for the recent graduates so that they are employable. These bodies include:
1.Staff Selection Commission
2.Union Public Service Commission
3.Joint Board of Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institute of Science
First of all, I will talk about the Exams conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
This is an independent body working for the various examinations for the graduates so that they are employable. The examinations which are conducted by the Staff Selection Commission are listed below:
1.Combined Graduate Level Exams
2.Junior Engineer Exams
3.Combined Higher Secondary Exams
4.Scientific Assistance in Indian Meteorological Department exams
5.Upper Divisional Clerk Limited Departmental Exams
Now, I will tell you in brief about all these exams one by one
1) Combined Graduate Level Exams: These are the exams which are given by all the graduates who wish to join the government sector and willing to join the Income-tax department, Excise Department, Central Bureau of Investigation department and many more departments are there in which one can get a job after scoring good marks in the examination.
2) Junior Engineer Exams: These are the exams which are mainly conducted for the diploma holders but when there is a requirement for graduates then they hire engineering graduates also in this post. The examination is conducted for various disciplines which includes: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering.
3) Combined Higher Secondary Exams: These are the exams which are mainly conducted for the vacancies of teachers in higher secondary schools across the states or central schools.
4) Scientific Assistance in Indian Meteorological Department exams: This is the sector in which the engineering diploma or graduates are hired to work for the Indian Meteorological Department. They have to give their best in working with the scientists to ensure the climatic conditions and weather forecasting of the country.
5) Upper Divisional Clerk Limited Departmental Exams: These are the exams which are mainly conducted for the departmental increment in the post so these exams are conducted for the working professionals.
Now, its time to focus on our second topic which is the exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. This is a body which is responsible to conduct the exams across the various centers in the country for various posts.
The exams which are conducted by Union Public Service Commission are listed below:
Now, I am going to tell you about these exams in brief:
1) Civil Services Exams: This is one of the exams which have been conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. It is held yearly and the posts which are allocated by giving this exam are of bureaucratic in nature. Those who are selected by giving these exams are trained first and according to their performance in the training, they are given their cadre to work for the people of the country. They are made Commissioner of the districts, Superintendent of Police of the district and they are given the power to handle the civil and police works of the districts. This exam is for the graduates of the country. They may be a simple graduate or an engineering graduates.
2) Engineering Services Examination: This is the best examination for the engineers across the country. This is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission yearly. This is conducted in various disciplines which includes Civil Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. If any engineering graduates want a job in central departments of the country then he/she has to go through this exams and after securing a rank in this exam, he/she will be posted in any such departments which comes under the ministry of the country.
3) Combined Defense Services Exams: These are the exams which are conducted twice a year for the recruitment of officers in Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force. This is followed by SSB(Staff Selection Board) and after getting approved by the panel of judges a graduate becomes an officer.
4) Indian Forest Services Exams: This is one of the exams which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. This exam aims to recruit the Officers for the forest services across the country.
Finally, it's the time to reveal the exams conducted by the joint board of Indian Institutes of Technology and the Indian Institutes of Sciences. The name of the examination is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is conducted by the joint board across the country yearly for the admissions of students in Master of Technology courses and Doctorate Courses. But for the last 10 years, many Public Sector Undertakings are also hiring through this test scores. Many Maharatna, Navaratna and Miniratna companies of the country are hiring through GATE scores. GATE is conducted in various disciplines which are listed below:
So the above article has the detailed description of all the exams which a graduate can give after finishing his/her degree course.
This article gives you a brief overview of the different types of courses available for commerce students. It covers the different courses available and also the job opportunities and remuneration offered by them..
This article discusses the best 40 tips that can really prove to be useful in clearing IBPS bank exam 2012..
Romantic novels are meant to be explorations of love that often celebrate female power and success. From cover to content romantic novels can catch some flak from people.