The article is all about the career options which an Electronics and Communication Engineering graduate finds for starting a job. The article will let you know about various fields in which ECE graduates can start their career whether it may be an IT sector or the core companies. Not only the career options but also you will be knowing about the way to approach these jobs.
When a student chooses a discipline of Electronics and Communication for doing Engineering then he/she actually does not know about its usefulness and its scope. After the finishing of his/her 3rd year of engineering, he/she realizes that he/she should focus on something so that he/she could find himself/herself employable.
The problem arises here is the lack of knowledge about the scopes of the discipline in which he/she is doing the engineering. Well here, through the article I will let you aware about the scopes of an Electronics student. There are various fields in which he/she can find his/her job. I will also tell you the ways to approach the jobs or the ways to prepare for those jobs.
Now let me tell you about the scope for ECE graduates.
1) Core Jobs
2) IT Jobs
3) Government Jobs
4) Public Sector Undertakings Jobs
These are the four categories in which I categorie the jobs for an Electronics and Communication Engineering graduates. First of all, I will let you know the jobs of your domain.
1) CORE JOBS: While studying the domain subjects student find themselves interested to work in the companies which work in the cutting edge technologies.
Well if I divide the core jobs then I will categories it into 2 sections. These are listed below :
When it comes to the Electronics (Software and Hardware) jobs, then companies which work in the VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration) sectors includes Intel, Qualcomm, NVIDIA, Mentor graphics, MediaTek,Synopsys, Cadence, Sandisk, AMD, Broadcom, Analog Devices, ST Microelectronics, Tejas Networks, Texas Instruments, Samsung, Xilinx and many more companies are there which work in the fields of VLSI. These are mainly working in the chip designing and technology enhancement of various products so that the processors become faster. These are the companies which prefer to take the Masters candidate but then it might hire a Bachelors from reputed institutions through the placement drive process. So getting placed in the VLSI companies is not a cup of tea. So my advise to all the students that if you have a desire to go in VLSI fields then do Masters from IITs and grab a job into these VLSI companies.
When it comes to the Communication Jobs then there are many service provider companies which include Jio, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea BT (British Telecom), AT&T Incorporation, Verizon Communication Incorporation, Deutsche Telekom AG, America Movil, China Telecom are the companies which recruit the Electronics & Telecommunication engineering graduates.
The other job in Communication is of networking in which CISCO provides the CCNA certification and after that, you can work in any networking firm even you can be hired by CISCO itself. Networking companies include: Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, DELL/EMC, Arista and many more are on the list.
The other option for the job in core domain is the profile of ETO(Electro Technical Officer) in Merchant Navy companies in which you can join these companies by doing the ETO courses and can start your career through this option too. The companies which sponsor the candidate after the training are: Anglo-Eastern Ship Management, Great Eastern, Tolani Maritime Institute. In these companies, you can apply for the test and can become ETO after the training.
Forgetting a job in these companies you have to sharpen your domain knowledge and enhance your engineering skills by doing practicals and by developing projects every semester. You can enhance your knowledge by participating in competitions on Robotics.
2) IT JOBS: For getting a job in IT you have to develop knowledge on any computer language and also you have to make projects using these languages so that when companies come for the hiring, you get hired by showing your skills in any language. There are many vacancies in IT fields and they require ECE engineers too for their work. So, if you are passionate about any language then go for it. You may get hired through the campus placement to these companies. If you are not hired through the campusing then below is the list of ways through which you can lend a job in IT companies:
E LITMUS PH TEST: This is an offline written test which judges students on 3 sections. These are Quantitative Analysis, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation, Verbal Reasoning.
CoCUBE TEST: This is the test which a college can request to CoCUBE and then students can avail of this test.
AMCAT: This is the online test which judges the students on Aptitude as well as the Computer knowledge i.e the language part.
After giving any of the tests the student is eligible to apply to off-campus drive conducted by various companies all across the country. These tests will ensure you to grab a seat in any of the IT companies as per your knowledge.
3) GOVERNMENT JOBS: There are a lot of jobs in government sectors for the ECE graduates. They can apply to the technical profile jobs which a state conducts through State Public Service Commission. There are many jobs conducted by SSC(Staff Selection Commission). An ECE Engineer can get jobs in cabinet secretariate and many more government organizations which includes BARC, ISRO, DRDO, NIELIT in all these organizations you will find the job of a scientific officer. So what are you waiting for grab your seat in any of these bodies? You can apply to the ESE(Engineering Services Exams) conducted by the Union Public Service Commission and can become an IES officer. You can also apply to the technical vacancies of the defense wings such as Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force and become an officer.
4) PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS JOBS: These jobs can be availed by the students through the GATE scores. If there are vacancies then the Maharatna, Navaratna, Miniratna companies can take their own exams and after qualifying these exams you can be a part of these organizations. There are companies such as
BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)
AAI (Airport Authority of India)
CEL (Central Electronics Limited)
BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited)
NPCIL (Nuclear Power Corporation of India)
NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation)
HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)
BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited)
SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited)
CIL (Coal India Limited)
DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation)
ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation)
PGCIL (Power grid Corporation of India Limited)
IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited)
ECIL (Electronics Corporation of India Limted)
These are the companies in which a student can apply, qualify the exam and become a government engineer.
Visual basic is one of the most popular computer programming languages. It enables programmers to create both standalone and distributed applications.
“Are you ready to relocate?” a question every professional is asked. Read this article to have an appropriate answer before you jump into any hasty conclusion..
Are you interested to know about the cutoff marks required to clear an IBPS PO exam? Are you preparing for it? Read the underlying articles to prepare well for the exam..